Hotel Address:The Theva Residency, 11/ B5 / 10 -1, 6th Lane, Hantanna, Kandy, Sri Lanka.
Book Now! No Credit card required
No offers found. Please check back later!
|Credit Cards Accepted
||VISA, Master Card, American Express,
||All Major Foriegn Currency
Information not available or this section is being updated.
The Theva Residency is a private and luxurious home away from home. Our winning formula is based on providing guests with our unique, exceptionally personalised level of service, pampering them with modern luxurious living, exotic 5-Star cuisine and personalised service in a very quiet atmosphere and serene setting.
The Theva Residency promises serenity, romance and rejuvenation. With awe-inspiring views, edgy design and sublime dining options. Theva is ideally located along the slopes of the Hantana range. It offers commanding views over the surrounding mountains and the bustle of the Kandy town located only two kilometers away. There is no better place from which to understand the wonders and view the grandeur of the ancient majestic city of Kandy and to appreciate its importance, as the last Sri Lankan Kingdom to fall to invading colonisers.
Expect to feel your senses come alive as you wake up to awe inspiring scenic views. The landscape is breathtaking and coupled with instant connectivity, helps the working traveller maintain a balance between mind and body, work and play.
Amenities at the hotel
- Conference room
- Meeting facilities
- Vehicle hire
Amenities in the rooms
- Air Conditioning
- Balcony / Terrace
- Cable / Satellite Television
- Mini Bar
- Safety deposit box
- At The Theva Residency
- we have ten residential spaces in all - one Penthouse
- two Suites
- three Superior and four Deluxe rooms.
The rooms exude 5-Star luxury as they use a combination of pure cotton
- wood and glass – a heady mix of the traditional and modern
- to create an unparalleled in-room experience. Theva uses elements from its central theme that of the ceremonial and religious Kandy Perahera throughout the property. The Theva Residency’s suites use a natural wood finish
- coupled with cut cement and kitschy
- but comfortable furnishings to add a contemporary feel and vibrancy to an age-old tradition.
Designed to inspire
- the beauty of the rooms connects you with the surrounding environment
- ensuring your comfort and convenience. Each sensory detail has been carefully refined to ensure every detail is perfect
- including the precise positioning of your Jacuzzi in relation to the incredible terrain in front of you.
Each room comes with the standard options of a LCD television
- 24 hour cable connection
- wi-fi and internet broadband connectivity
- in-room safe
- in-room temperature control
- kettle and hair dryer
- and so on. Theva also provides 24 hr in-room dining
- in-house laundry
- choice of newspaper
- Doctor on call
- and travel services.
A unique feature at Theva is that it offers guests the option of a serviced apartment on medium to long-term lets. The spacious apartment
- equipped with its own study
- living and dining area
- kitchen and Jacuzzi
- allows honeymooners
- VIPs or business travellers to enjoy modern luxuries
- while maintaining their usual lifestyle and privacy; whilst also enjoying a panoramic view of the mountains and the valley.
The Penthouse features:
• A private Jacuzzi
• A study with Wi-Fi access
• Tastefully furnished dining and living areas
• A funky in-room bar
• A fully-equipped kitchen
• Laundry facilities
• Maid’s quarters
The luxurious Suites are tucked away in a private corner of Theva
- where they offer unparalleled valley views and an incredible sense of space and privacy. In addition
- the rooms have a Jacuzzi placed at an elevation overlooking the valley
- giving you the chance to enjoy the view from the comfort of your soaking tub.
The ultra-chic Superior rooms are swathed in cool white
- from floor to ceiling. The only colour to be seen here are the splashes of bright red
- yellow and orange
- adding just the right amount of vibrancy to the room. Each of the rooms are equipped with an outdoor bathtub
- a lie-low and table for private dining from where guests can savour the amazing views afforded to them from the cosy private balcony or else retreat to the indoor shower cubicle with the same view.
The Deluxe rooms are designed to make the most of the stunning scenery. As with all the other rooms
- the subtle Kandy Perahera themed décor makes them so cosy and inviting
Amenities near the hotel
- Medical facilities
- Vehicle hire
- The location of The Theva Residency is a treat for nature lovers
- who will be able to enjoy the beautiful variety of flora and fauna
- the endless views of mountain terrain and fresh air. Theva is a short distance from the lush Hantana Rainforest
- which is full of rivulets
- animal and plant life - an ideal destination for bird-watchers and those interested in trekking.
There are plenty of other activities to amuse oneself
- as Hantana is a popular destination for etymologists who claim the area to be one of the most densely populated areas in the country. Night time presents opportunities for stargazers and the hotel’s telescope will help the guests spot the numerous constellations and shooting stars.
Visitors could always take a short walk to the Hantana Tea Estate Tea Museum
- or else
- take a tour of the Kandy town including the historic and sacred Dalada Maligawa
- the palace of the last King of Kandy
- and the Temple of the Tooth Relic of the Buddha and other historic temples at Gadaladeniya
- Embekka and Lankatillake. The Peradeniya Botanical Gardens
- elephant bathing sites and the Udawattakele rainforest
Theva Residency is located along the slopes of the Hantana range in Kandy.
Take the Uduwele Road which is Off Hospital Road. Climb the Uduwele Road and and take the Circular Road 2, then turn left to Upper Tank Road and from there turn to 6th Lane. You will see Theva Boards from Upper Tank Road.
Vehicles can be brought up to the property. You can also take the Train to Kandy and transport can be oragnised to pick you up to bring to the hotel.
The food at Theva is no ordinary fare and you should expect even the simplest snack to be served with a slight Theva twist to make it special to the VIP guests.
Feast on gourmet meals throughout the day as the Resident Chef and his team work to produce a range of culinary delights; a fusion of East and West, new and old. While there is a new set menu each day, feel free to order à la carte or whatever takes your fancy – this is after all, a holiday and rest. Saying ‘no’ will be the toughest job of all.
We do allow outside guests to dine with us on prior reservation.
||The Theva Residency, 11/ B5 / 10 -1, 6th Lane, Hantanna, Kandy, Sri Lanka.